In a survey conducted by the Consumer Reports, 78 percent of Americans prefer U.S.- made goods and would pay more for these goods, including cars, tracks and motorcycles, food, and large appliances. The people who responded to the survey cited patriotic reasons for buying American made goods. People want to keep manufacturing jobs at home, help the U.S. economy, keep America strong in the global economy, and buying made in America products made them feel more patriotic. More than 68 percent of all respondents indicated theyd buy American-made clothes and appliances even if those cost 10 percent more than imported versions; more than 25 percent said theyd pay at least an extra 20 percent. Price is one of the main drawbacks to buying U.S.-made products however. More than half of the respondents said they consider American made goods to be costly.
Posted on the website MadeInUSAForever.com, these are the top ten reasons to buy USA made products:
- Foreign labor standards allow unsafe conditions in many countries.
- Jobs shipped abroad almost never return.
- US manufacturing processes are much cleaner for the environment than many other countries.
- Many countries have no minimum wage restrictions, or the minimum wage is outrageously low.
- The growing lack of USA ability to manufacture many products is strategically unsound.
- The huge US trade deficit leads to massive, unsustainable borrowing from other countries.
- Foreign product safety standards are low.
- Lack of minimum wage, worker safety, or environmental pollution controls in many countries undermines the concept of fair and free trade.
- Factories and money are shifting to countries not friendly to the USA or democracy.
- As the US manufacturing ability fades, future generations of US citizens will be unable to find relevant jobs.
Recently announced presidential candidate Donald Trump also prefers American made products. He fears that China is taking all of our jobs in the U.S. China is able to manufacture products for pennies where as our costs are dollars. His theme is Make America Great Again and he wants to start by bringing back real jobs into the United States like it used to be.
Here at Everyone Loves Buttons, we pride ourselves on being a company that makes its products here in the U.S. All of our buttons are 100% made in the USA! From the button parts, all the way down to the printing and assembly, we are proud to produce American Made Buttons!